Provention Bio, Inc. is seeking a Senior Paralegal and Legal Operations Lead to support its legal department in a wide variety of corporate, governance compliance and legal operation matters including, but not limited to, drafting maintaining and filing SEC filings and corporate documents, implementing and monitoring compliance initiatives, implementing processes and systems for contracts and other legal operations. This role requires a polished professional that has a strong work ethic, is a self-driver, has demonstrated experience owning legal tasks and projects from start to finish with an ability to manage multiple projects and work seamlessly with stakeholders throughout the organization, including Board Members and C-Suite, while being able to set and adjust priorities. This position will report to the Chief Legal Officer and work remotely. Travel may be required from time to time.
- Assist legal department in organizing, drafting and maintaining legal documents/ records
- Coordinate approvals, signatures, notarization and legalization of documents.
- Onboard and manage key systems and processes for legal department (e.g. contract management system and process)
- Assist in preparation, review, negotiation, retention and filing of routine agreements and related documents with attorney oversight and use of templates
- Assist in maintaining and tracking compliance with Company legal policies and trainings
- Assist in corporate governance matters including preparing (and filing) documents for Board meetings, shareholder meetings, proxy statements and public filings, including 8-Ks, 10-Q, 10-K, Section 16 filings and other SEC/ Nasdaq reporting documents.
- Assist with the administration of the Company’s insider trading compliance program, including trainings, preclearance procedures, 10b5-1 trading plans and trading blackouts
- Support and help manage Annual and Special meetings of stockholders
- Support and lead legal project management
- Support employee and Board legal and compliance training
- Support onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Support board governance matters (corporate housekeeping, minutes, etc.)
- Support IP portfolio management
- Support legal and finance teams on equity administration, shareholder services, financings and business development or other transactions
- Support and manage commercialization compliance program build out and launch
- Bachelor’s degree required and paralegal certificate or certification preferred.
- 10+ years of paralegal experience in inhouse at public biotech/ biopharma company and at a law firm
- Notary license
- Experience onboarding and managing CLM systems
- High proficiency in BoardVantage, Microsoft Office applications and EDGAR
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion in handling of legal matters.
- Ability to interface with outside counsel, vendors, collaborators, internal functions and all levels of management.
Provention Bio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com