The Regional Sales Director (RSD) for Provention Bio will be accountable for helping to build and launch a sales force for a potential paradigm shifting therapeutic launch in 2021. RSDs will serve on the US Sales Leadership Team, be expected to play a major role in shaping and building a new commercial team for a patient and science centric organization. RSDs will partner closely with internal partners to develop customer focused solutions to achieve sales goals and business objectives. The RSD will be heavily involved and accountable for the development and execution of strategic and tactical plans in order to effectively lead a region that will achieve and exceed sales and other commercial goals while remaining alignment with the organization values. The RSD will be a strong leader who has managed and built diverse, high performing teams and will be responsible for driving sales results through the leadership, coaching and development of a team of Therapeutic Specialists.
- Leading the team in an inspiring manner using sound judgement and instilling ownership, accountability, and purposeful action based on business opportunities.
- Foster an environment where Sales Professionals are empowered to use critical thinking and customer focus skills to identify and effectively act on business opportunities.
- Create a diverse, high-performance team driven by common values of trust, respect, and commitment to winning the right way (culture of compliance)
- Provide regular, engaging, and tailored coaching of each Sales Professional focused on sales effectiveness, impact and longer-term development. Written and verbal coaching should be candid, respectful and support business and career development.
- As the leader of the region you will also ensure that your Sales Professionals always operate in an effective, efficient and compliant manner.
- Ensure that established sales budgets and objectives are achieved/exceeded across each territory and the region as a whole.
- Develop and execute regional sales strategies and tactics, and effectively aligning budgets and resources based on highest opportunities to accelerate brand growth.
- Plays an active role in KOL/customer engagement/development: Identifies and establishes strong personal relationships with key and emerging thought leaders and customers and devotes the necessary amount of time to engage with HCPs
- Maintains exceptional knowledge of disease state, product, customer, orphan / rare drug market, potential competitive products and the broader healthcare marketplace
- Manage all operations related to the region, and ultimately ensuring achievement of all performance targets and budgeted sales goals by each member of the team.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of key sales enablers (i.e. sales training, customer targeting and alignment, market development), in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Ensure candid and collaborative communication and execution between Market Access, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, Training, Compliance, and Medical Science Liaison (appropriately), and other Provention teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years’ experience in a sales role and 5 + years’ experience in pharmaceutical sales management (first-line leader with direct people accountability) is preferred in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Experience in Pediatric/Adult Endocrinology preferred
- Infused product/rare disease experience preferred
- A proven, consistent, and documented track record of top ranked pharmaceutical performance is required
- A proven and documented track record of hiring, coaching, developing, and promoting high performing direct reports is highly preferred
- Consistently operates in a compliant manner which demonstrates and instills trust and integrity across all aspects of the role
- Expertise with technology platforms and programs to support virtual selling
- The ability to effectively work in a fast paced and nimble start up environment is required.
- 50% – 80% overnight travel may be required depending on the assigned Region.
Provention Bio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org