ProventionBio, Inc. is leading the development of novel therapies with the potential to transform the treatment paradigm for autoimmune diseases. By focusing on preventing or intercepting the disease process, we strive to improve patient outcomes and reduce the escalating costs associated with chronic autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
This bold vision guides our strategy. We are leveraging our deep understanding of immune-mediated pathophysiology and drug development experience to build and advance a diversified portfolio of advanced clinical-stage and pre commercial-stage candidates that intercept, prevent or delay the progression of debilitating, life-impacting, and life-threatening diseases such as type 1 diabetes, celiac disease and lupus.
We are currently building a strong, passionate field market access team to launch an innovative therapy for people at risk of type 1 diabetes. This is your chance to join ProventionBio at the pinnacle of growth to help shape the future of one of the most cutting-edge companies in the industry today!
We are looking for driven, results-oriented individuals with a best-in-class track record of success and a passion for delivering optimal outcomes to patients.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, US Field Market Access, the Market Access Director is responsible for access and reimbursement of Teplizumab for T1D across all key payers within a defined geography and/or assigned accounts
- Manage a set of designated payer accounts to achieve agreed upon business objectives
- Responsible for understanding the distinct market dynamics within their geography for securing, and protecting the best and most profitable access for Teplizumab, and ensuring their market performance
- Understand the business landscape and engage in key local, national, and international health care issues/strategies, account issues/trends and best practices to establish credibility beyond product and therapeutic areas
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Key C-Suite and decision-makers within an account (CEO, CFO, CMO, Dir. Of Pharmacy, Dir. Of Quality, Industry Relations, etc.) to ensure favorable access and reimbursement for ProventionBio products and are in alignment with account plan
- Provide leadership to internal and external teams to support strong relationships with key payer accounts
- Develop and grow business partnership and ensure profitable formulary acceptance to achieve performance goals within assigned accounts
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing account business plans that deliver on set business goals and objectives
- Lead the development and execution of pull-through objectives with field teams to ensure collaboration between access and pull-through initiatives within a defined geography and/or assigned accounts
- Inspires passion across direct and cross-functional teams
- Develop strategies through account and market insights, providing ProventionBio leadership with market and account intelligence
- Adhere to relevant regulator and ProventionBio compliance guidelines
Account responsibilities can include but is not limited to Payer Organizations, Government Accounts (i.e.: Medicaid), Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Employer/Employer Coalitions.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- A minimum of 10 years of successful pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical experience
- A minimum of 4 – 5 years of demonstrated high-impact results in payer reimbursement/account management in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to drive and valid driver’s license (when appropriate due to Covid)
- Ability to travel overnight when needed (when appropriate due to Covid)
- Diabetes experience a plus
- Relevant and recent launch experience with proven results
- Strong established relationships with key decision makers at priority payer accounts
- Industry knowledge – proficient understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and drug distribution process (e.g. medical benefit, pharmacy benefit, managed care systems, buy/bill, specialty pharmacy distribution, patient reimbursement services/HUB, etc.)
- Strong business acumen and account management fundamentals – developing needs-based account plans that include market access, marketing, sales, strategies and tactics, articulating a high impact value proposition, broadly penetrating accounts and negotiating favorable agreements
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas, both verbal and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Clearly communicate overall business goals and able to translate them into team and individual goals
- Delivers customer-driven perspective that drives the execution of the strategy and tactics
- Able to think outside of the box, understanding that traditional solutions do not always solve new business challenges, while operating in an environment that is committed to behaving in an ethical and compliant manner
- Change Management/Flexibility – confidently approaches and leads through change that creates value for ProventionBio
- Analytical skills – ability to analyze and leverage data/reports to identify trends and opportunities
- Strong alignment with ProventionBio’s corporate culture and values
Provention Bio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com