We are looking for an experienced Director of Information Technology (IT) responsible for establishing our information technology strategy to ensure that we have the platforms, tools and capabilities required to deliver on our business plan. The Director of IT will manage the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies. This position directly interacts with the functional leaders to align strategies, manage expectations and ensure that the application suite meets the needs of the business.
- Lead the Information Technology function to support the scientific, administrative, and commercial functions.
- Manage and coordinate project plans and timelines for the build out of the Information Technology infrastructure including including WAN and LAN products, cloud-based solutions, and other technologies.
- Provide leadership in planning and managing computer operations and production support, systems, Infrastructure, Network and Security operations including 3rd party vendors and manged service providers for Financial and Commercial department
- Collaborate with the organization’s business leaders to deliver on goals.
- Plan, design, and implement IT systems to support company growth. The ability to analyze and recommend improvements in computer networking, telecommunications, servers, storage, systems and applications. Recommend budget expenditures including purchasing of hardware/software, SaaS implementations, and outsourcing models.
- Participate in the budget process and IT strategy planning activities. Develop annual prioritized plan of infrastructure projects and investments and lead team to implement projects effectively and on-time
- Manage the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available hardware, software, and data to deliver business solutions.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals.
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by senior management.
- Oversee the development of operating procedures and risk management strategies for the business systems and solutions of the organization.
- Facilitate alignment with key stakeholders and ensure communication across project teams.
- Create and implement integrated technology strategies to support multiple functions and processes, which includes analyzing emerging technologies and translating impact on current and future business processes.
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology required; 5+ years in management or leadership role managing cross-functional teams or projects, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- At least 5+ years of experience leading company-wide Global IT infrastructure and support including Cloud Services (Box, Smartsheet, Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise, Druva, AWS, CarbonBlack/Crowdstrike etc)
- High growth early-stage company experience is essential.
- Proven ability to build relationships using formal and informal networks and effective communication with the ability to adapt within the organization.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, data privacy practices and laws including FDA 21 CFR Part 11, QSR, SOX and HIPAA as they relate to the management of IT Infrastructure in FDA-regulated environments.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the company, including internal partners, external providers, and functional areas
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail working in a virtual environment.
- Understanding of security and backup technologies and strategies
- Security and risk management experience
- Demonstrated success in Biopharma, Pharmaceutical, or Life Science industry highly preferred.
- Experience transitioning from pre-commercial to commercial stage within an organization a plus.
Provention Bio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com