Provention Bio, Inc. a pre-commercial, late-clinical stage public company is seeking a Corporate Counsel, to provide broad legal support to the Company and its business operations. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer (CLO), the successful candidate will be a significant contributor to Provention Bio’s business objectives, including in supporting compliance, corporate governance and corporate transactions. He/she will work closely with the executive team, business leadership, employees, and outside counsel to further the Company’s ambitious agenda. This position offers exposure and involvement in a wide range of practice areas relevant to a high-growth, fast moving public biotechnology company.
- Prepare, draft, negotiate, oversee and manage a wide variety of company contracts across corporate and all functional areas, including business services, distribution, supply and manufacturing, collaboration, research and clinical study agreements
- Supervise, interpret and oversee the archiving and tracking of full portfolio of company contracts and compliance with contract terms
- Work closely with departments and stakeholders across the organization to identify and articulate contract issues, advise, become a trusted partner and ensure efficient and effective completion of quality contracts,
- Support relationship managmeent and contract compliance, including work with Finance and Business Development groups in tracking achievement and payment of milestones, royalties and compliance with contractual obligations under key in-licensing, out-licensing and business development agreements.
- Coordinate, manage, and continually seek to enhance and improve the company contracting processes and systems
- Manage day-to-day responsibility for the Company’s ’34 Act filings and other matters required to operate as a public company, and support preparation and filings of 10-Ks,10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements and other SEC and Nasdaq obligations
- Identify and analyze legal risks and propose appropriate actions to ensure operational compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Assist in the development and management of a corporate compliance program, including program management, policy development and training.
- Develop a knowledge of, and continually monitor, the Company’s current and planned research, development and other business activities, product candidates and potential competitors and markets and keep abreast of developing trends, best practices, laws and regulations affecting the Company’s business.
- Counsel, advise and train internal client team to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and company policies and procedures; and
- Help with general corporate matters.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- J.D. from a nationally accredited law school.
- Admission to applicable state bar, registration as in-house counsel, or ability to gain admission or registration for either in applicable state within 90 days.
- 10+ years of prior biotech or biopharma industry or law firm experience
- Demonstrated leadership and project management in enterprise-wide projects.
- Ability to present complex information in an accurate and persuasive manner to all levels of management.
- Strong project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Substantial knowledge of specific areas of law and business applicable to Provention Bio and ability to independently and effectively apply this knowledge to the relevant areas of responsibility to Provention Bio team and senior managers in other departments.
- Ability to identify and analyze risk associated with complex problems
- Must be a team player who can easily handle shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have proven judgment in working through complex issues, including those with significant strategic risk to the company.
Provention Bio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org